January 2, 2014

2013 recap and a few thoughts on 2014:

2013 was one for the books. We had a few sad times this year, but the good ones outweighed them. God once again blessed our family this year. So, to pay tribute to those blessings, here is a look at our 10 favorite moments from 2013:

^^^ celebrating Elliott's first birthday, and the survival of our first year as parents ^^^
^^^ celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary at the Empress of Little Rock ^^^
^^^ giving Elliott his first haircut at our salon ^^^
^^^ spending a week in Seaside, FL, just the two of us ^^^

^^^ lots of weekends relaxing and making memories at my parent's lake house in Hot Springs ^^^
^^^ celebrating our 5th year of business at Katherine Grant Salon and Spa ^^^
^^^ selling our first home and buying a new one to better suit the needs of our growing family ^^^
^^^ being a part of my brother's wedding, and welcoming our new sister-in-law, Liz, into the family ^^^
^^^ a week off work for a staycation with Elliott this summer ^^^
^^^ finding out we will be welcoming a little girl (Julianne Elizabeth) into our family in May 2014 ^^^
2014 holds all kinds of exciting new adventures for our family. There is lots I want to do differently this year, most of which revolves around being a better wife and mother, but also taking a little more time for myself… time to grow as a person, and a follower of Christ. I'm not really setting any resolutions this year, but I will be working to cross of the majority of the items remaining on my bucket list before I turn 30 in early 2015. What about you? What do you have to be thankful for in the year of 2013, and what are you looking forward to changing in 2014?

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I stole the idea for my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to May. Like, seriously I can't wait to meet my new niece AND nephew. I'm bursting with excitement. It will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete