January 8, 2014

weeks 21 and 22:


Julianne:

This week we rang in 2014, the year of your birth. Being in 2014 makes me feel that much closer to having you in my arms.

You are finally weighing a full pound, and measuring around 8 inches, about the size of a small doll. I can tell you are growing by how strong your kicks are getting. Your Daddy has gotten to feel and see you kicking around in there several times now. I feel like you move a lot more than your brother did. This makes me wonder if you are going to be a very active little girl…

I'm feeling so much better this week. My cold has cleared up, and I've slowed down at work, so I've had a little more energy, thank goodness.

Only about 4 months now. We can. not. wait!

-Momma


Julianne:

You are now weighing about 1.2 pounds and measuring around 8 inches, about the size of a papaya.

It's been super cold here this week, so we've been curled up on the couch a lot, counting down to warmer days when you'll be here with us. This has also given me some extra time for a little online shopping. I ordered you some vintage headbands, blush pink moccasins, and a monogramed gown for the day we bring you home.

Your brother decided to transition to his "big boy" room this week, so the nursery feels very empty. I'm ready to have both rooms filled, so our home will feel complete. It has, however, given me some freedom to start adding a few girly touches to make his old room feel more like your new room. We hung some new art, and ordered some fabric swatches to begin designing some new sheets and a ruffled dust ruffle to mix with Elliott's old chevron bumper.

Less than 18 weeks to go!
-Momma

2 comments:

  1. Love your little letters to your soon new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wear pregnancy so well!! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete